Kuwait University (KU) has extended the bid deadline for a contract to build service tunnels at the estimated $3bn Sabah al-Salem Campus.
The new submission date for the project is 12 October. The bid deadline has been extended a number of times. The original submission date was 30 May.
One contract involves building a service tunnel at the east side of the campus and the other is for the construction of a tunnel at the west side.
At least nine local contractors have prequalified for both contracts. They are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors Company
- Kuwait Scientific Building Company
- Al-Tasheed Compact Company
- United Gulf Tasheed Company
- First Kuwaiti Trading & Contracting Company
- Combined Group Contracting Company
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company
The project is one of a number that are currently being tendered for the new Sabah al-Salem campus, which will be located at Shadadiyah, 20km west of Kuwait City.
The university is also currently tendering a contract to build a faculty of arts and a faculty of education at the new campus. The institution has prequalified 26 consortiums for the project and has set a submission date of 19 September (MEED 31:8:10).