Winner will build service tunnels at the new Sabah al-Salem campus
Kuwait University (KU) has extended the bid deadline for a contract to build service tunnels at the estimated $3bn Sabah al-Salem Campus.
The new submission date for the project is 12 October. The bid deadline has been extended a number of times. The original submission date was 30 May.
One contract involves building a service tunnel at the east side of the campus and the other is for the construction of a tunnel at the west side.
At least nine local contractors have prequalified for both contracts. They are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors Company
- Kuwait Scientific Building Company
- Al-Tasheed Compact Company
- United Gulf Tasheed Company
- First Kuwaiti Trading & Contracting Company
- Combined Group Contracting Company
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company
The project is one of a number that are currently being tendered for the new Sabah al-Salem campus, which will be located at Shadadiyah, 20km west of Kuwait City.
The university is also currently tendering a contract to build a faculty of arts and a faculty of education at the new campus. The institution has prequalified 26 consortiums for the project and has set a submission date of 19 September (MEED 31:8:10).
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.