Bids to be submitted by 28 November for Kuwait Electricity & Water Ministry contract
Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has invited contractors to bid for a contract to install eight 132/11kV turnkey transmission substations.
Six of the substations will be located in the Abu Fateera area, while the other two will be in Funaitees.
A total of 18 companies have been prequalified to bid to supply and install the substations:
- Siemens (Germany)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- Japan AE Power Systems Corporation & Hitachi High Technologies Corporation (Japan) / Al-Ghanim International Trading & Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Areva (France) / Abdul Aziz Abdul Mohsin al-Rashed Sons (Kuwait)
- Merlin Geran (France) / Mohammed Abdul Mohsin al-Kharafi (Kuwait)
- Ansaldo Transmission Distribuzione (Italy) / Abdulla al-Hamed al-Sagar & Bros Co. (Kuwait)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries (South Korea) / Matajer al-Khaleej Unitd (Kuwait)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea) / United Gulf Construction Company (Kuwait)
- National Contracting Company (Saudi Arabia) / National Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan) / National Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Al-Ahlea Electric Boards Company (Kuwait)
- Ganz Transelektro (Hungary) / Awraq International General Trading & Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Toshiba Corporation (Japan) / Ali Alghanim Sons Group General Trading & Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Hyosung Corporation (South Korea) / Gharnata Petroleum (Kuwait)
- Emirates Trading Agency (UAE) / Al-Shibly International General Trading & Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- IMCO Engineering and Construction (Kuwait)
- Larsen & Toubro (India) / Bader al-Mulla & Brothers Company (Kuwait)
- Isolux Maritime (Spain) / Gulf Shipping, General Trading and Contracting Company (Kuwait)
A pre-tender meeting will be held on 24 October in South Surra. Contractors have until 28 November to submit bids.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.