Kuwait’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation is inviting prequalified companies to submit bids by 11 October for a contract that covers the construction of a new runway at Kuwait International airport.
The contract also covers building the new 4,580-metre runway as well as the rehabilitation and expansion of the existing eastern runway, which will be increased to 4,000 metres from 3,500 metres.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation prequalified 14 groups to bid for the deal in May (MEED 29:5:11).
The prequalifiers include:
- MA al-Kharafi & Sons (local)/TAV Construction (Turkey)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting Company (Oman)/Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Greenline General Trading & Contracting Company (UAE)/Cengiz (Turkey)/Makyol (Turkey)
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company (local)/GS Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea)/Kumho Industrial Company (South Korea)
- First Kuwaiti Trading Company (local)/Almabani General Contractors (Saudi Arabia)
- Combined Group Company (local)/Constructor San Jose (Spain)
- Al-Ahmadiah General Trading & Construction Company (UAE)/Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) (Cyprus)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)/Laing O’Rourke Middle East (UAE)
- Kuwait Arab Contractors Company/The Arab Contractors Osman Ahmed Osman & Company (Egypt)
- Copri Construction Enterprises (local)/Sinohydro Corporation (China)
- Alamiah Building Company (local)/KCPC Construction (UAE)/Strabag (Austria)/Rizzani (Italy)
- United Gulf Construction Company (local)/China Railway 18th Bureau Group (China)
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company (local)/Al-Habtoor Leighton (UAE)
- Boodai Construction (local)/Grupo Isolux Corsan (Spain), Sacyr (Spain)