Bids to be submitted by 24 October
Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has invited contractors to bid for the contract to install eight 132/11kV turnkey transmission substations south of Kuwait City.
Six of the substations will be located in the Messilah area while the other two will be in Funaitees.
A total of 15 companies have been prequalified to bid to supply and install the substations.
- Ahlia Electricity Panels (Kuwait)
- Siemens (Germany)
- United Gulf Construction (Kuwait)
- Shubaily International General Trading and Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- National Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Engineering and Construction (Kuwait)
- Securities Company International General Trading & Contracting (Kuwait)
- Abdul Aziz Abdul Mohsen Al-Rashed (Kuwait)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- A H Alsagar & Brothers (Kuwait)
- Middle East Electricity Company (Kuwait)
- United Gulf Enterprises General Trading & Contracting Company (Kuwait)
- Ali Alghanim & Sons (Kuwait)
- M.A. Kharafi & Sons (Kuwait)
- Yusuf Ahmed Alghanim and Sons (Kuwait)
Interested parties have a deadline of 24 October to submit bids.
According to Carl Otto Klermund, chief executive officer of Siemens Kuwait, one of the prequalified bidders, “the typical completion period for such kind of projects is around 24 months.”
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.