Kuwaits Public Works Ministry (MPW) is seeking firms to bid by 12 March for the construction of a road segment on the Northern Regional Road extending from the Abdaly Expressway to future crossroads that link with the Subiya Expressway.
Firms that were invited to bid for the project include:
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading
- Alghanim International Trading & Contracting
- Combined Group Contracting
- Consolidated Contractors Company
- Copri Construction
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting
- Kuwait Arab Contractors
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons
- United Gulf Construction
Bids for an estimated $3.9bn-worth of road projects in Kuwait are under evaluation, with a further $5bn-worth of schemes under design or study, according to data from regional projects tracker MEED Projects.
Close to $14bn-worth of roads infrastructure including bridges, tunnels, streets and utility networks are also under construction. More than one-third of these projects were awarded in 2016.