State-upstream operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has invited international oil field services firms to bid for the provision of gas-lift services.
Bids will be submitted on 15 May. KOC has set an initial guarantee of KD140,000 ($504,000).
Tender documents are available for a fee of KD2,500 ($9,000). A pre-tender meeting will be held on 16 April at the new contracts building in Ahmadi.
The local affiliates of five US firms have been prequalified for the deal, which are:
- Baker Hughes
- Vanoil Completion Systems
- Lufkin Industries
Gas-lift installations are used to manage abrasive materials such as sand during oil production, increasing the flow of reservoir fluids from a production well. KOC tendered two gas-lift services similar deals in 2011.
KOC is also seeking a contractor to maintain its wireless communications systems. Eight local firms have been given until 22 May to bid for the deal. The bid bond has been set at KD160,000 ($577,721). The qualified firms are:
- Kuwait Electronic Network Technologies Company
- Sultan Centre General Trading & Contracting
- Kharafi National
- Al-Alamiya Technologies Group
- Bader Al Mulla and Bros
- Al-Diyar United Trading & Contracting
- Gulf Spic General Trading & Contracting
- IMCO Engineering & Construction