Work involves building middle portion of Jahra road project
Kuwait’s Public Works Ministry has invited contractors to submit bids for the project to build the estimated KD50m ($180m) middle part of the Jahra motorway project.
Prequalified contractors have until 26 July to submit bids for the project to build and maintain roads and intersections on Jahra road.
The ministry has prequalified eight contractors for the project.
The prequalifiers are:
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company (local)
- Boodai Construction Company (local)
- Combined Group Contracting Company (local)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Green Line General Trading & Contracting (local)
- KCC Engineering and Contracting Company (local)
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Building & Contracting (local)
- Sai General Trading (local)
The project is part of Kuwait’s plans to spend $11.5bn over the next four years to develop the country’s infrastructure.
The Public Works Ministry recently invited contractors to submit bids for construction packages on four major road projects in Kuwait, ranging in value from KD40m-65m. The submission date for all four packages is 3 July.
The largest construction package tendered is for the contract to build expressway roads and intersections for the Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmed town development. The ministry has prequalified 13 local contractors for the projects.
The same 13 contractors have also been invited to submit proposals for the project to build roads, bridges and sanitary and drainage systems for the second ring road and Damascus road in Kuwait City.
The third package tendered is for the construction of roads, bridges and drainage networks for the third ring road. The ministry has also tendered a package for the construction of roads and intersections on the western part of Jamal Abdul Nasser Street (MEED 20:5:11).