More than 10 local firms prequalified to bid
State oil operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has issued a tender for the construction of flowlines and associated works in the south and east of the country.
KOC has set a 22 September deadline for the deal, which is estimated to be worth up to $600m.
A pre-tender meeting will be held on 4 August.
About 12 local firms have been prequalified to bid. They are:
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting
- Al-Khadda International General Trading & Contracting
- Gulf Spic General Trading & Contracting
- Kharafi National
- Mohd. Abdulmohsin al Kharafi & Sons General Trading and Contracting
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company.
- Consolidated Contractors Company
- Al-Dar Engineering & Constructions
- Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Company
- Combined Group Contracting
- Mechanical Engineering & Contracting Company
- Al-Meer Technical Services Company
In January, KOC awarded a $98.3m contract to the local Arabi Enertech for the installation of 6-inch flowlines to transport crude oil, water and waste from drilling wells to oil and gas gathering centres across the south and east of Kuwait by the end of 2016.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.