State oil operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has issued a tender for the construction of flowlines and associated works in the south and east of the country.
KOC has set a 22 September deadline for the deal, which is estimated to be worth up to $600m.
A pre-tender meeting will be held on 4 August.
About 12 local firms have been prequalified to bid. They are:
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting
- Al-Khadda International General Trading & Contracting
- Gulf Spic General Trading & Contracting
- Kharafi National
- Mohd. Abdulmohsin al Kharafi & Sons General Trading and Contracting
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company.
- Consolidated Contractors Company
- Al-Dar Engineering & Constructions
- Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Company
- Combined Group Contracting
- Mechanical Engineering & Contracting Company
- Al-Meer Technical Services Company
In January, KOC awarded a $98.3m contract to the local Arabi Enertech for the installation of 6-inch flowlines to transport crude oil, water and waste from drilling wells to oil and gas gathering centres across the south and east of Kuwait by the end of 2016.