Kuwait University has issued a tender for the construction, operation and management of two service stations and annexed buildings at its Sabah al-Salem University campus.
Prequalification documents will be accepted until 9 June this year with the closing deadline for all bids on 27 June.
The estimated KD86m ($300m) contract is open to local and international contractors. The university has already prequalified 10 companies. They include:
- Athens-based Consolidated Contractors Company
- Sinohydro Corporation (China)
- Nurol Construction & Trading Company (Turkey)
- SNC-Lavalin UK (UK) and Alamiah Building Company (local)
- Sembawang Engineers & Constructors (Singapore)
- Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Orascom Construction Industries (Egypt)
- SK Engineering & Construction (Korea)
- Posco Engineering & Construction Company (Korea)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (Korea)
The first tender for the estimated $3bn Sabah al-Salem University was issued in March this year for the main buildings of the College of Engineering and Petroleum (MEED 21:3:10).