- Larsen & Toubro wins $198m contract for cabling work and installing transmission line in Turaif, Qaseem and Hail
- Work will involve providing and installing 132kV cables and a 132kV double-circuit transmission line
Indias Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has been awarded a $198m contract for cabling work and installing transmission line in the Turaif, Qaseem and Hail areas of Saudi Arabia.
The work will involve providing and installing 132kV cables and a 132kV double-circuit transmission line.
The contract is the latest of a number of major transmission and distribution (T&D) contracts the Indian firm has won in the kingdom in recent years.
In early 2014, L&T was awarded a deal by state oil major Saudi Aramco to build an overhead transmission line and related electrical infrastructure.
The work will involve constructing 55 kilometres of 230kV overhead transmission line and underground cabling to upgrade the existing power system at Aramcos Abu Ali power plants, located north of Jubail in the Eastern Province.
Just prior to this, in December 2013, L&T was awarded a contract to build a 132kV overhead transmission line and connection in the Riyadh electricity network.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015
Buy the report now at: MEEDs new online store.
The outlook for the projects market in the GCC is uncertain. Oil prices have fallen by half since June 2014, putting increased pressure on government finances. This has led to a review of spending priorities across all the GCC markets.
As a consequence there is huge uncertainty for any businesses operating in the regional projects market.
MEEDs GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides clarity on the outlook for projects and helps you to understand the drivers of projects spending activity in each of the GCC markets.
The report provides a comprehensive snapshot of the GCC projects market, helping you position your company for the upcoming opportunities and mitigating risk and challenges in the coming months.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides:
- Future Project Forecast: Identify key opportunities across all sectors by gaining an understanding of future project spend
- Top Contractor and Client Activity Review: Increase your market share by gaining insight into the industry leaders by sector and their current and planned project activity
- Market and sector-based executive summaries: Plan your business development strategy by gaining an immediate insight on the market
- Government Policy and Strategic Priority: Mitigate risk and identify challenges by understanding the major drivers behind the plans
The report focuses on quantifying the size of the market and the individual sectors that comprise it, as well as supplying a forecast for the future direction of the market. It also looks at the recent changes in government in Saudi Arabia and considers how the increased security concerns will shape government spending priorities.
Stay up-to- date with regional trends and access exclusive data, research and analysis in presentation-ready tables, graphs, charts and maps.