- First construction package announced on alumina refinery project
- Emirates Global Aluminium progresses with $3bn scheme
Indias Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has been awarded an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the tankages package of a greenfield alumina refinery proposed in Abu Dhabi.
The contract was awarded by Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA), which is planning to build a $3bn refinery at its site in Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad).
The scope involves engineering, procurement, fabrication, erection and associated works for the tankages package, L&T said in a statement.
The firm announced the award as part of a group order worth Rs1,507 crore ($237m), which also includes the installation of a slab caster in Bokaro, India.
The alumina refinery will be built in two phases, each with a capacity to produce 2 million tonnes a year (t/y) of aluminium.
A consortium of UAE-based Petrofac Emirates and US group Bechtel won the contract to provide EPC management for the main refinery, MEED revealed in October 2014.
The proposed refinery will process imported bauxite to extract alumina (aluminium oxide), which is then used as a raw material to produce primary aluminium in a smelter.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015
Buy the report now at: MEEDs new online store.
The outlook for the projects market in the GCC is as uncertain as its ever been with oil prices falling nearly 50 per cent since June 2014. The impact on the national revenues of the GCC oil producers has increased pressure on government finances and has led to a review of spending priorities across all the GCC markets.
As a consequence there is huge uncertainty for any businesses operating in the regional projects market.
MEEDs GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides clarity on the outlook for projects and helps you to understand the drivers of projects spending activity in each of the GCC markets.
The report provides a comprehensive snapshot of the GCC projects market, helping you position your company for the upcoming opportunities and mitigating risk and challenges in the coming months.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides:
- Future Project Forecast: Identify key opportunities across all sectors by gaining an understanding of future project spend
- Top Contractor and Client Activity Review: Increase your market share by gaining insight into the industry leaders by sector and their current and planned project activity
- Market and sector-based executive summaries: Plan your business development strategy by gaining an immediate insight on the market
- Government Policy and Strategic Priority: Mitigate risk and identify challenges by understanding the major drivers behind the plans
The report focuses on quantifying the size of the market and the individual sectors that comprise it, as well as supplying a forecast for the future direction of the market. It also looks at the recent changes in government in Saudi Arabia and considers how the increased security concerns will shape government spending priorities.
Stay up-to- date with regional trends and access exclusive data, research and analysis in presentation-ready tables, graphs, charts and maps.