Scheme part of a restructuring of the countrys water network
South Koreas GS Engineering & Construction has submitted a low bid of KD92.4m ($305.9m) for the North Kuwait water centre project, which has been tendered by state-owned upstream operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC).
The budget for the project was KD99.96m.
The scheme is part of a larger restructuring of the countrys water network.
Five companies were expected to bid on the project, but only three submitted prices.
The list of bidders is:
- GS Engineering & Construction, KD92.4m
- China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation (China), KD95.1m
- Daelim (South Korea), KD104.7m
- Petrofac (UK-based), no price submitted
- Daewoo (South Korea), no price submitted
The deadline for bids was 10 May at 13:00 Kuwait time.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.