South Koreas GS Engineering & Construction has submitted a low bid of KD92.4m ($305.9m) for the North Kuwait water centre project, which has been tendered by state-owned upstream operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC).
The budget for the project was KD99.96m.
The scheme is part of a larger restructuring of the countrys water network.
Five companies were expected to bid on the project, but only three submitted prices.
The list of bidders is:
- GS Engineering & Construction, KD92.4m
- China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation (China), KD95.1m
- Daelim (South Korea), KD104.7m
- Petrofac (UK-based), no price submitted
- Daewoo (South Korea), no price submitted
The deadline for bids was 10 May at 13:00 Kuwait time.