The surge in demand for online shopping has been one of the most significant business stories of the past 12 months, with huge ramifications for the retail industry.
From groceries to household supplies, medicines and lifestyle products – consumers have opted to fulfil their shopping needs digitally, given the safety, convenience and affordability of products.
Analysis by global consultants AT Kearney indicates that the GCC e-commerce sector will become a nearly $50bn market by 2025, accelerated by the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, with the growing proliferation of the online market, new challenges are emerging.
Customers now have higher expectations from their service providers and consistency will be key in building customer loyalty.
Moreover, competition is on the rise and e-commerce players have to innovate at all fronts – product variety, payments, fulfilment – to stay profitable.
The future remains uncertain, however is the shift to e-commerce a permanent change? Or will people revert to traditional patterns once the Covid-19 pandemic eases? E-commerce players will have to remain agile and constantly evolve to meet consumer demand.
Join our next live-streamed broadcast on 27 May 1pm GST which will bring leading retail industry experts to examine the challenges facing e-commerce retailers in the GCC, outlining the approach needed to maintain and enhance business momentum.
Key talking points:
- State of the GCC retail market and the rise of retail e-commerce
- Challenges and opportunities for e-commerce
- Creating sustainable business strategies
- Impact of Covid-19 on fulfilment and delivery models
- The future of the industry in the next five years
- Bassel al-Nahlaoui, Managing Director – Mobility, Careem
- Dharmin Ved, CEO E-Commerce, 6th Street.com
- Syed Qawwam, Head of Enterprise and Partnerships, Zomato Mena
- Vivek Uberoi, Executive Vice President, Head of Trading Companies, Mashreq Bank
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.