The region, along with the rest of the world, is focused on getting through a public health crisis with as much as possible left intact.
With the world economy effectively being closed down as governments seek to slow the spread of Covid-19, the commercial challenge facing every business is how to survive the crisis.
The stakes have never been higher.
The Middle East also faces a double whammy due to the collapse in oil prices, which is adding new pressure to already strained budgets.
The April issue of MEED Business Review takes an in-depth look at the unprecedented situation the region is dealing with:
- AGENDA: The long-term impact of the economic damage from the pandemic continues to play out
- OPEC: Oil price war likely to be new normal
- IRAN: Regime challenged by rapid spread of Covid-19
- BOARD REPORT: Governments act to halt the spread of Covid-19; Global recession predicted
- TOURISM: Revenue losses, job cuts and venue closures will have serious consequences for the region’s hotel sector in 2020
- UAE SPECIAL REPORT: Covid-19 outbreak expected to have a severe impact on the UAE’s non-oil economy
- LEGAL: Coronavirus in contract law
We hope you find the April issue of MEED Business Review informative.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.