December 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
After two decades of relentless expansion, Gulf aviation is facing a challenge that it has not previously had to deal with, namely becoming cost efficient. The December issue of MEED Business Review puts aviation on the agenda, with a special report on the sector's new era of cooperation as airlines adapt to tougher market conditions.
Like the airline industry, the region's airport projects market is in transition as the focus shifts away from work that is finishing to schemes that are starting. The second part of this month's Agenda provides a market update, looking in particular at the $33bn upgrade of Dubai's Al-Maktoum International, which dwarfs all other airport projects.
Meanwhile, in Kuwait, the snap resignation of the government on 14 November came in the face of flagging economic results and slow project delivery. In an exclusive 14-page special report on Kuwait, Middle East business intelligence service MEED provides up-to-date analysis on the economic cracks in a market that, despite the sluggish activity, still holds promise.
Other must-read sections in the December edition include:
- Board report: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Big Interview: Salah al-Fulaij, CEO of NBK–Kuwait
- Iraq: Bleak outlook for stability
- Lebanon: Protests stoke fears of new civil war
- Aramco IPO: Aramco valuation falling short
- Leadership: Keeping up with localisation goals
- Legal: Business visitors to Saudi Arabia face compliance issues
- Road to 2020: UK pavilion brings together mind and machine
- Scotland at Expo 2020: Dubai’s digital twin in the UK’s industrial north
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts
We hope you enjoy the December issue of MEED Business Review.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.