June 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
This year is one of great change for the region’s construction sector, as contractors shift their focus to exploring new sectors and geographies. MEED's construction editor Colin Foreman explains why, after five years of being propped up by projects in Dubai, the market is once again in a state of flux as existing projects are completed and new investment cycles start. Read his in-depth analysis to gain insights on the key changes taking place in the sector and where the latest opportunities are.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview features the CEO of Acwa Power, Paddy Padmanathan, who tells MEED that bold action is needed to address the world’s energy challenge. Padmanathan highlights the need for private investment, and cites the opening up of the region’s wastewater treatment market as a big opportunity for investors.
You can also watch the full 'Ten Minutes into the Future of Energy' interview here.
Our Market Focus section, meanwhile, brings you the latest analysis on Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, three countries that aim to put recent trouble behind them and attract project investment.
The June 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report June 2019: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- The MEED 100: The total capitalisation of MEED’s list of the 100 biggest listed companies in the Mena region rises to new high
- Current affairs: Regional powers eye Sudan as strategic ally
- Military balance: Defence spending is under pressure
- Leadership: 4 ways to engage millennial talent
- Road to 2020: Dubai Expo keeps contractors busy
- Projects analysis: Oman is the past month's stand-out market
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts and deals
We hope you enjoy the June issue of MEED Business Review.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.