May 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
Banking is being turned on its head by digital transformation. From online banking to crowd funding, the core business of banks is being undercut by financial technology (fintech) firms, and the only restriction on change is regulation.
Our May 2019 issue features a special report on Gulf fintech, looking at the sector’s move from incubation to implementation in the Gulf as the region’s markets compete to become the Gulf’s fintech hub.
A contributed piece from Mashreq Bank, meanwhile, considers the urgent pressure corporate banking faces to engage in complete digital transformation.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview features Bahrain’s Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism Zayed R al-Zayani, who tells MEED how the country is creating an ecosystem for a thriving private sector.
With Saudi Aramco opening its books to reveal its key financial and operations indicators for the first time ever, the May edition of MEED Business Review also offers in-depth analysis on the world’s most valuable and profitable company.
Our Market Focus section brings you the latest analysis on Kuwait, where there are $32bn-worth of public projects in the pipeline.
The May 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report May 2019: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Industry report: Top GCC contractors
- Current affairs: Bleak outlook for Libyan stability as Tripoli violence escalates
- Leadership: What Industry 4.0 means for your job
- Road to 2020: Aligning hotel supply with Expo demand
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts and deals
We hope you enjoy the May issue of MEED Business Review.