November 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
Russia is riding high in the Middle East. For now, at least.
The withdrawal of US troops from northeast Syria in early October in advance of Turkish military action against Kurdish militants has unexpectedly propelled Moscow to become the key power broker in the region. The November issue of MEED Business Review takes an in-depth look at Russia’s growing influence in the Middle East and what this means for the region.
As political ties strengthen, trade is also becoming an increasingly important element of the relationship between Russia and the Middle East. Read more about the growing trade links between Russia and the GCC’s two largest economies, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, in the second part of this month’s Agenda section. Our November Agenda infographic provides a snapshot of Russia’s commercial interests in the region – from energy deals to weapons exports and tourism.
Meanwhile, in the UAE, with one year to go before the opening of Expo 2020, the country is undergoing a great deal of economic soul-searching. In an exclusive 18-page special report, Middle East business intelligence service MEED provides up-to-date analysis on the downward pressure faced by the UAE, much of which is coming from Dubai’s failing real estate market.
The latest issue of MEED Business Review also includes the 2019 EPC contractor ranking, with analysis on the engineering, procurement and construction market, the Saudi projects that have dominated recent awards, and mergers and acquisitions activity.
Other must-read sections in the November edition include:
- Board report: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Turkish invasion: Turkey’s campaign in Syria looks to become protracted conflict
- Iraq demonstrations: Iraq’s oil sector braces for disruption from protests
- Leadership: A three-step approach to digitisation
- Interview: Acwa Power’s Paddy Padmanathan
- Market talk: Unlocking digital super powers
- Hydrogen economy: Realising the hydrogen economy
- Projects analysis: Saudi Arabia gains 1.3 per cent on Gulf Projects Index
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts
We hope you enjoy the November issue of MEED Business Review.