September 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
For years, governments have sought to increase the number of locals working in the private sector by setting targets for the percentage of national citizens in workforces. Now, a new approach is gaining ground. In-country value (ICV) seeks to increase local income, skills and expertise by requiring government agencies to procure ever-higher volumes of goods and services locally.
The September 2019 issue of MEED Business Review offers an in-depth review of ICV, with a leading piece on making localised supply chains work. Our cover story section continues with a detailed look at the upcoming Ras al-Khair marine super-complex, which is expected to become a major enabler of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 localisation targets.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview is with National Petroleum Construction Company CEO Ahmed al-Dhaheri, who speaks to MEED about the firm’s role in powering Adnoc’s localisation agenda.
MEED’s annual GCC power developer ranking, meanwhile, reveals that Saudi Arabia’s Acwa Power has moved within striking distance of France’s Engie at the top of the table following success in Oman and Bahrain’s two latest private utilities projects.
Our Market Focus section brings you the latest analysis on Egypt, where GDP growth is well above most other countries in the Middle East and North Africa, and construction contract awards have reached record levels.
The September 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Current affairs: Confidence boost for Aramco IPO
- Iraq: Baghdad seeks stability after the storm
- Expo 2020: Supporting a small business revolution
- Leadership: The West Bank’s emerging startups
- Technology: The threat of water scarcity
- MEED Insight: GCC construction outlook
- Market talk: A voice for steel
- Spending brief: Waste-to-energy market comes of age
- Interview: Bee’ah sets sights on digitalisation and renewable energy
- Projects analysis: Oman leads Gulf projects market growth
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts and deals
We hope you enjoy the September issue of MEED Business Review.