- Owner: Eni
- Location: Algeria, Ouargla Province, Ouargla
- Status: Execution
- Classification: Gas Extraction, Gas Production
- Contract ($m): $1,800m
- Contract Type: Build Own Operate (BOO)
- Main contract completion: Q4 2012
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
State-owned Sonatrach and Italian oil firm Eni are jointly developing the Menzel Ledjmet East (MLE) gas and condensate field in Block 405b of the Berkine basin.
The field contains 1.3 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas ans the pair hope to produce 200 million cubic feet a day (cf/d) of dry gas along with 21,000 barrels a day (b/d) of liquids. Future expansion could take production up to 300 million cf/d and 60,000 b/d of liquids.
The field development includes the drilling of wells, construction of gathering facilities, and new dry gas and liquid pipelines from Block 405b to a tie-in point on the national pipeline grid approximately 140 kilometre west of the block. A gas processing plant, dehydration unit, acid gas removal and sulphur recovery units are also under construction.
- Back to the Top 100 projects list