MARCH 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a few moments to load)
Digitalisation, artificial intelligence and blockchain are revolutionising healthcare in the Middle East. Our March 2019 issue examines this trend in depth, with a leading piece on the rapid convergence of technologies in the sector.
At the same time, growing populations and lifestyle changes are driving increased demand for improved healthcare facilities within the GCC. There is an air of optimism surrounding healthcare public-private partnerships in the GCC, but proper structure is vital to make the proposition an attractive one. Contributing authors Shashank Rath and Nitesh Singh from Synergy Consulting IFA share their perspective on meeting the escalating demand for healthcare services in the region.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview features the chairman of Sharjah Electricity & Water Authority, Rashid Alleem, who explains why the utility provider is implementing valuable lessons from Mars. Alleem, a leading thinker on corporate management, aims to challenge established procedures and encourage people to think and behave indifferently. Read this exclusive interview in full to find out why he has appointed a ‘Mars team’ with unexpected job titles such as head of imagineering and chief efficienology officer – or watch the video here.
Our new ‘Spending Brief’ section of the magazine, meanwhile, looks at the region’s top construction spenders, and finds that government bodies are reclaiming their top spots thanks to demand for social infrastructure and weakness in the real estate sector.
The March 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report March 2019: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Japan-Saudi relations: The two nations renew their friendship
- Industry report: Project finance
- Market Focus special report: Saudi Arabia
- Road to 2020: Raising the healthcare flag at Expo 2020
- Legal: Withholding tax in Oman
- Leadership: Tax function key to financial wellbeing of businesses
- Business outlook: An overview of the contracts and deals in the Middle East and North Africa’s finance, oil and gas, construction, and power and water sectors
We hope you enjoy the March issue of MEED Business Review.