- Owner Egyptian Refining Company
- Parent Project Mostorod New Refinery
- Location Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $1,900m
- Contract Type EPC
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Citadel Capital, a pirvate equity firm based in Cairo is financing the construction of a new hydrocracker and vacuum distillation unit at the existing Mostorod refinery, located 10 kilometres north of Cairo, currently the largest refinery in Egypt with a capacity of 142,000 b/d.
The refinery is operated by Cairo Oil Refining Company (CORC). The new units will enable Egypt to reduce its fuel imports.
This profile covers hydrocracker unit.
- Research MEED’s archive on Mostorod refinery