- Owner Egyptian Refining Company
- Parent Project Mostorod New Refinery
- Location Egypt, Cairo Governorate, Cairo
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $1,900m
- Contract Type EPC
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Citadel Capital, a pirvate equity firm based in Cairo is financing the construction of a new hydrocracker and vacuum distillation unit at the existing Mostorod refinery, located 10 kilometres north of Cairo, currently the largest refinery in Egypt with a capacity of 142,000 b/d.
The refinery is operated by Cairo Oil Refining Company (CORC). The new units will enable Egypt to reduce its fuel imports.
This profile covers hydrocracker unit.
- Research MEED’s archive on Mostorod refinery
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.