Contract covers section 1 and section 2 of the Bidbid-Sur road project
Oman’s Transport & Communications Ministry has invited firms to bid by 27 May for a contract to provide project management services on the first two sections of the Bidbid-Sur road project.
The road between Bidbid and Sur is a major transport link in the sultanate, connecting the capital city of Muscat to the Sharqiyah region in the northeastern part of Oman.
In February, the ministry received bids from contractors for section 2 of the highway. The bidders are:
- Al-Ashab General Contracting Establishment (local)
- Ali & Company Trading & Contracting (local)
- Al-Shanfri Trading Company (local)
- Arabian Projects & Transport (local)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Federici Sterling (Italy)/Batco (Lebanon)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Khaled bin Ahmed & Sons (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Mapa Gunal (Turkey)
- Makyol (Turkey)
- National United Engineering Contracting Company (local)
- Oman Gulf Company (local)
- Ozkar Insaat Sanayl Ve Ticaret (Turkey)
- Sezai Turkes – Fezi Akkaya (Turkey)
- Strabag (Austria)
- Wade Adams (UAE)
- Yuksel (Turkey)
In February 2011, the Transport & Communications Ministry awarded a joint venture of Italy’s Astaldi and Turkey’s Ozkar Insaat Sanayi Ve Ticaret a OR125.2m ($325m) contract to build section 1a of the dual carriageway between Bidbid and Sur.
In August 2011, a joint venture of Turkey’s Sezai Turkes-Feyzi Akkaya (STFA) and the UAE/Australian Habtoor Leighton Group was awarded the OR117m contract for section 1b of the road scheme.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.