The Oman Tourism Development Company (Omran) has invited companies to submit bids by 18 June for the second construction package on its convention and exhibition centre development near Muscat International airport.
The package covers the construction of 25,000 square metres of exhibition halls, a multi-storey car park and an energy centre.
The contractors that have collected documents so far are:
- Taylor Woodrow (UK)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Douglas OHI (Local/UK)
- Carillion Alawi (Local/UK)
- Al-Habtoor Leighton Group (UAE/Australia), Oman Shapoorji Construction Company (local/India)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (Local)
- Strabag (Austria)
- TAV Construction (Turkey)
- Xino Infrastructures (China)/National United Engineering Construction Company (Local)
- Astaldi (Italy)/ Ozkar Insaat Sanayl Ve Ticaret (Turkey)
Omran received bids from seven contractors for the roads and utilities infrastructure package in January. The bidders are:
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Carillion Alawi (UK)
- Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons (local)
- Al-Adrak Trading & Contracting
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens based)
- National United Engineering & Construction Company (local)
Omran awarded the local Al-Awazi International a OR2.7m ($7m) contract for the site preparation and enabling works package for the convention and exhibition centre project in October last year.
In April 2010, UK-based RMJM was awarded the main consultancy contract, which involves design and engineering work for the project. Canada’s Hanscomb & Company is the quantity surveyor. US-based WATG is masterplanning the development.