One unit will be built at the $1.6bn Sur independent power project
Oman Electricity Transmission Company has invited companies to bid by 18 June for a contract to build two new substations.
One 400/22kV substation will be built at the Sur independent power project (IPP), the other will be constructed at Jahloot.
The companies that have collected tender documents are:
- Afaq al-Musana Trading (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Global Chemicals & Maintenance System (local)
- Bahwan Engineering Company (local)
- Saudi National Contracting Company (Saudi Arabia)
- Ozdil Energy Resources (Turkey)
- Al-Hassan Engineering Company (local)
Work on the $1.6bn Sur IPP is ongoing. In December 2011, the consortium led by Japan’s Marubeni Corporation signed financing agreements with export credit agencies (ECAs) and commercial banks for the 2,000MW IPP.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.