Local developer Nakheel has received 12 bids for the contract to complete infrastructure works for Madinat al-Arab at Dubai Waterfront.
The lowest bid was submitted by the local National Projects & Construction (NPC) with a price of $549m ($150m).
The other bidders are:
- Bin Hafeez General Contracting Company (local) – AED639m
- Al-Jaber Transport & General Contracting (local) – AED685m
- Shapoorji Pallonji (India)/Gulf Contractors Company (local) – AED696m
- Nael Construction & Contracting (local) – AED718m
- Top Link Contracting & General Transport (local) – AED757m
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons (Kuwait) – AED794m
- Concord Stars Contracting (local) – AED797m
- Ghantoot Road Contracting (local) – AED889m
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation (China) – AED934m
- Wade Adams Contracting (local) – AED953m
- DX Contracting (local)/Simi Contracting (local)/China Railway (China) – AED978m
The works include the construction of a road network, earthworks, paving, signage and markings, as well as utilities such as the power supply, water supply network, sewerage, drainage, reservoirs for irrigation and pumping stations, chilled water network for district cooling, and a corridor for a gas system.
The consultant is the local office of Lebanon’s Dar al-Handasah.