Tender documents are being prepared for the supply and installation of ship-to-shore cranes for Qatar’s New Doha Port in Mesaieed.
The contract covers the supply of 12 ship-to-shore cranes and 38 stacking cranes. The tender is expected to be released by the end of this year or in early 2013.
The New Port Project Steering Committee will be sending out tender documents to 10 prequalified companies or consortiums. These are:
- Cargotec FZCO (Finland)
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Company (South Korea)
- Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries Company (South Korea)
- Konecranes Middle East (Finland)
- Liebherr Container Cranes (Germany)
- MHI Industrial Engineering & Services Private (Singapore)
- Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Company (Japan)
- Noell Crane Systems (China)
- Sany Heavy Industry Company/China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation (China)
- Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Company (China)
The cranes package tender follows the tender of two commercial terminals and associated utility buildings, and logistics facilities at the new port in November. Bids are due before the end of the year.
Bids for the container terminal package submitted in October are still being evaluated and are also expected to be awarded before the end of the year.