Prequalified companies bidding for consultancy and construction contracts
The local Majis Industrial Services, which provides water services in Omans Sohar Industrial Port Area (SIPA), is inviting bids from prequalified companies for contracts to build and manage the construction of a desalination plant at the port.
Contractors have been invited to submit bids for the main engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) package for the plant by 1 December.
The prequalified bidders for the construction package are:
- Sener Ingenieria y Sistemas and Acuamed (Spain);
- Aqualia Infraestructuras (Spain);
- Abeinsa Infraestructures Medio Ambiente (Spain);
- Veolia Water Middle East (France);
- Cadagua (Spain) / Towell Infrastructure Projects (local);
- Hyflux (Singapore);
- Tedagua (Spain) / Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local);
- Acciona Aqua (Spain) / Larson & Toubro (India);
- Valoriza Agua (Spain);
- VA Tech Wabag (Austria/India) / Bahwan Contracting Company (local) / Aqualyng (Norway);
- Aquatech Eastern (US) / Towell Engineering (local);
- Tecnicas Reunidas (Spain).
The work involves EPC works and associated civil, electrical and instrumentation works for a 28,000 cubic-metre-a-day (cm/d) reverse osmosis plant.
It also includes an operation and maintenance (O&M) contract for two years after commissioning. The plant will supply water to factories in SIPA.
Bids are also due on 26 November for a deal to supervise design and construction of the desalination plant.
The prequalified bidders for the supervision contract are:
- Hill International (US);
- Tebodin & Partner (Netherlands);
- National Engineering Office (local);
- Mott MacDonald (UK);
- Malcolm Pirnie (part of Arcadis Netherlands);
- EHAF (Egypt);
- Parsons International (US);
- Sogreah (France);
- YAS Consulting (UAE).
In September, Majis Industrial Services awarded Spains Acciona and the local Sogex an O&M contract for the existing desalination plant at Sohar, which has a capacity of 4.4 million imperial gallons a day (MIGD). The seven-year deal is worth RO6.7m ($17.5m).
Majis Industrial Services is also inviting bids for the construction of a wastewater treatment plant at SIPA.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.