Tebodin bids low for supervision services contract
Local company Majis Industrial Services, responsible for Omans Sohar Industrial Port Area (SIPA), has invited prequalified contractors to submit bids for construction work on its second central effluent treatment plant at the site.
The work involves the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of a 12,000 cubic-metre-a-day (cm/d) effluent treatment plant. It also includes a two-year operation and maintenance (O&M) contract from the date of commissioning.
The prequalified bidders for the main construction contract are:
- VA Tech Wabag (India) / Towell Engineering (Oman);
- Metito Overseas (Dubai);
- UEM India Private (India);
- Veolia Water Middle East (France);
- Tecnicas Reunidas (Spain);
- Shanfari Group (local) / Waterleau (Belgium);
- Utico (UAE) and Dorr Oliver (India).
The low bidder is Tebodin at RO500,000 ($1.3m), and the second-lowest is Malcolm Pirnie, part of Dutch company Arcadis, at RO550,000.
The bidders were:
- Tebodin (Netherlands) RO500,000
- Malcolm Pirnie (Netherlands) RO550,000
- Special Oilfield (local) RO620,000
- National Engineering Office (local) RO790,000
- Parsons International (US) RO870,000
- Mott MacDonald (UK) RO940,000
- Al-Saqf Engineering (local) RO1.01m
- Sogreah (France) RO1.03m
- Dar al-Handasah (Lebanon) RO1.1m
- Meinhardt (Australia) RO1.11m
Majis Industrial Services awarded the EPC contract for the first effluent treatment plant in Sohar to UEM India Private (India) earlier in 2014. The deal is worth RO7.4bn.
Majis Industrial Services is also inviting prices for consulting and EPC contracts for a desalination plant in SIPA.