- Front-end engineering and design bids due 28 June
- Existing pipelines in poor condition
Oman Oil Refineries & Petroleum Industries Company (Orpic) has invited firms to bid for a design study on a project to install a new long residue (LR) line at the Mina al-Fahal refinery in Muscat, Oman.
Companies have until 28 June to submit proposals for the front-end engineering and design (feed) tender, state-owned oil refiner Orpic said in the tender document.
Orpic said the existing pipes are not in good condition, as in the past few years several leaks have been reported.
The project will combine the existing 14-inch, 12-inch and 8-inch lines into a single new 12-inch line and re-route the LR transfer from existing pipelines to the new pipeline.
Mina al-Fahal is the smaller of Orpics two refineries with a capacity to process 106,000 barrels a day (b/d) of crude.
Orpic is currently building a 290-kilometre oil products pipeline connecting Mina al-Fahal with the refinery in Sohar in the north of Oman.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015
Buy the report now at: MEEDs new online store.
The outlook for the projects market in the GCC is as uncertain as its ever been with oil prices falling nearly 50 per cent since June 2014. The impact on the national revenues of the GCC oil producers has increased pressure on government finances and has led to a review of spending priorities across all the GCC markets.
As a consequence there is huge uncertainty for any businesses operating in the regional projects market.
MEEDs GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides clarity on the outlook for projects and helps you to understand the drivers of projects spending activity in each of the GCC markets.
The report provides a comprehensive snapshot of the GCC projects market, helping you position your company for the upcoming opportunities and mitigating risk and challenges in the coming months.
GCC Projects Market Report 2015 provides:
- Future Project Forecast: Identify key opportunities across all sectors by gaining an understanding of future project spend
- Top Contractor and Client Activity Review: Increase your market share by gaining insight into the industry leaders by sector and their current and planned project activity
- Market and sector-based executive summaries: Plan your business development strategy by gaining an immediate insight on the market
- Government Policy and Strategic Priority: Mitigate risk and identify challenges by understanding the major drivers behind the plans
The report focuses on quantifying the size of the market and the individual sectors that comprise it, as well as supplying a forecast for the future direction of the market. It also looks at the recent changes in government in Saudi Arabia and considers how the increased security concerns will shape government spending priorities.
Stay up-to- date with regional trends and access exclusive data, research and analysis in presentation-ready tables, graphs, charts and maps.