16 companies prequalified
Omans Ministry of Health has tendered a contract for the construction of the New Sultan Qaboos Hospital in Salalah.
The deadline for bids is 1 June 2015.
MEED reported on 24 March that a tender was imminent.
16 companies have prequalified after submitting documents in May 2014. The 19 companies who submitted are:
- Al-Shanfari Trading Company
- Bahwan Contracting Company (local)
- Bam (Netherlands)
- Carillion Alawi (UK)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Douglas OHI (local/UK)
- Federici Stirling (Italy) Batco (Lebanon)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting(local)
- Golden Horizon Trading & Contracting (local)
- Hasan bin Juma bin Backer Trading & Contracting (local)
- Joannou & Paraskevaides (J&P) (Cyprus)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Nagarjuna Construction Company International (local)
- National United Engineering Contracting Company (local)
- Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (local)
- Oman Shapoorji Construction Company (local/India)
- Sarooj Construction Company(local)
- Shaksy Engineering Services (local)
- Teejan Trading & Contracting (local)
The hospital will have 700 beds and specialist units. The five-story building will cover an area of 200,000 square metres. It will include adult and paediatric emergency services, physiotherapy, nuclear medicine, dietary services, warehouses, a pharmacy and a laboratory.
The consultants are Indias STUP Consultants.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.