Omans Ministry of Health has tendered a contract for the construction of the New Sultan Qaboos Hospital in Salalah.
The deadline for bids is 1 June 2015.
MEED reported on 24 March that a tender was imminent.
16 companies have prequalified after submitting documents in May 2014. The 19 companies who submitted are:
- Al-Shanfari Trading Company
- Bahwan Contracting Company (local)
- Bam (Netherlands)
- Carillion Alawi (UK)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Douglas OHI (local/UK)
- Federici Stirling (Italy) Batco (Lebanon)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting(local)
- Golden Horizon Trading & Contracting (local)
- Hasan bin Juma bin Backer Trading & Contracting (local)
- Joannou & Paraskevaides (J&P) (Cyprus)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Nagarjuna Construction Company International (local)
- National United Engineering Contracting Company (local)
- Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (local)
- Oman Shapoorji Construction Company (local/India)
- Sarooj Construction Company(local)
- Shaksy Engineering Services (local)
- Teejan Trading & Contracting (local)
The hospital will have 700 beds and specialist units. The five-story building will cover an area of 200,000 square metres. It will include adult and paediatric emergency services, physiotherapy, nuclear medicine, dietary services, warehouses, a pharmacy and a laboratory.
The consultants are Indias STUP Consultants.