2016 was a challenging year for project awards in the GCC region. With the decline in government revenues as a result of lower oil prices, project awards have slowed. The good news is that the construction and transport sectors were the strongest performers in 2016.
By value, 42 per cent of the projects awarded in the GCC were in the construction sector followed by 23 per cent in the transport sector. MEED Insights latest Outlook for GCC Construction report will help you find where the opportunity lies in 2017.
The 200-page report provides historical analysis of contract awards and details the most active clients and contractors in the market, the largest contracts won in the past year and the major projects set for award in 2017.
Includes in-depth analysis presented in an annual report combined with 3 quarterly updates, highlighting changes, data, news and analysis to ensure you are fully informed about the opportunities emerging in the GCC Construction sector.
You have the choice to purchase the annual report without quarterly updates. Please click here for more information
Get an additional perspective on the market with new features in the 2017 report including MEEDs proprietary Project Workload, Cash Flow data, Market Sustainability Index, and Construction Cost Indices.
- Gain an immediate insight on the GCC construction market
- Identify new business development opportunities
- Discover the current and planned client activities across the region
- Identify top contractors, clients and competitors
- Asses specific challenges and drivers behind each sub-sector
The Outlook for GCC Construction is an essential tool for anyone working in the GCC construction market. The research report looks at the specific challenges and opportunities in the industry, including analysis of trends, construction costs, and individual analysis of specific subsectors and their drivers in each GCC state.
Combining insightful, forward-looking analysis from MEEDs team of construction experts, backed up with all the latest projects market data, the Outlook for GCC Construction provides an essential market assessment for anyone working in the GCC construction.
Structured around detailed country-focused chapters, The Outlook for GCC Construction 2017 provides a complete guide to each of the GCCs six construction markets. Each chapter provides a detailed sector analysis with supporting data about trends, projects, clients and outlook. Each chapter looks in detail at:
1.Construction market overview: Summarizing dominant issues, trends and significant events over the past three years, and description of key changes in 2015 and impact of oil prices. It also considers the major projects underway and those due for award in 2016 as well as the key contractors undertaking work
2. Economics and strategic plans: A review of economic planning and other strategic masterplans shaping the GCC construction sector
3. Real estate: Dominant trends, key planned projects, major client plans and players, key challenges (commercial, residential, tourism & leisure)
4. Social infrastructure: Government housing, education, healthcare, key planned projects, major client, key challenges
5. Roads, transport and public works: The prospects for infrastructure projects including roads, airports, rail, and ports
Fast facts about the report
- More than 200 pages
- Covers all six GCC countries
- Includes 134 maps, charts and tables
- Covers real estate, social infrastructure, transport
- Details the major projects due for award in 2017
- Lists the most active contractors in each country
- Lists the biggest spending clients in each country
- Includes MEEDs forecast for awards in 2017
- Analyses the extent of the liquidity problems in the GCC construction sector, payment delays and job losses
- GCC Project Workload and Cash Flow data
- Market Sustainability Index and Construction Cost Indices
- And much more besides !