Partners push back Jubail refinery start date

17 February 2010

Plant expected to start operating in late 2013

The joint venture partners behind a new refinery project at Jubail in Saudi Arabia have pushed back the start-up date by more than six months, according to a report by Reuters.

France’s Total and stat energy giant Saudi Aramco had planned to commission the 400,000 barrel a day refinery by March 2013, but have pushed back the start-up to an undisclosed date in “late 2013”, the Canada-headquartered news agency said in a 16 February report.

Aramco holds a 62.5 per cent stake in the project while Total holds the remaining 37.5 per cent.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications