Contractors are preparing to submit bids on 19 January 2014 for the contract to build the clubhouse at a new golf course planned by Qatar Foundation.
The prospective bidders are:
- Alec (UAE)
- Commodore contracting company
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Contraco (local)
- Joannou & Paraskevaides (J&P) (Cyprus)
- Midmac Contracting Company (local)
- Taisei Corporation (Japan)
- United Contractors & Engineers (UCE) (local)
The construction package involves building a five star standard clubhouse and basement car park for 240 vehicles together with a golf academy, pool building, substations, other support buildings and landscaping. The total built-up area is about 30,000 square metres.
Contracts covering the enabling works and the golf course landscaping have already been awarded.
US-based Turner Construction International is the project manager.