Qatars Public Works Authority (Ashghal) has invited contractors to submit bids by 27 August for the contract to upgrade main roads in the Al-Nasr area near the capital Doha.
The roads planned for upgrading works extend 7 kilometres.
The project, designed to upgrade the existing roads and improve accessibility from adjoining roads, comprises of:
- Four new three-arms signalised intersection
- One new four-arms signalized intersection
- Pavement resurfacing
- Parking improvements and new kerb lines
- 1.6km of surface water drainage trench soakaway
- New sewer network
- New treated TSE network
- Full pavement construction of C-Ring Road intersection with Al-Mirqab Street including a new traffic signal
- Raising and lowering of chambers/manhole covers for existing utilities
The tender is open only to Qatari contracting companies.
An estimated $24.8bn-worth of road projects are underway in Qatar, while close to $1.8bn are under procurement, according to data from regional projects tracker MEED Projects. A further $13.3bn-worth of road schemes are in the prequalification stage.