Road projects worth over $20bn are under execution in Qatar
Qatars Public Works Authority (Ashghal) has invited contractors to submit bids by 27 August for the contract to upgrade main roads in the Al-Nasr area near the capital Doha.
The roads planned for upgrading works extend 7 kilometres.
The project, designed to upgrade the existing roads and improve accessibility from adjoining roads, comprises of:
- Four new three-arms signalised intersection
- One new four-arms signalized intersection
- Pavement resurfacing
- Parking improvements and new kerb lines
- 1.6km of surface water drainage trench soakaway
- New sewer network
- New treated TSE network
- Full pavement construction of C-Ring Road intersection with Al-Mirqab Street including a new traffic signal
- Raising and lowering of chambers/manhole covers for existing utilities
The tender is open only to Qatari contracting companies.
An estimated $24.8bn-worth of road projects are underway in Qatar, while close to $1.8bn are under procurement, according to data from regional projects tracker MEED Projects. A further $13.3bn-worth of road schemes are in the prequalification stage.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.