FEBRUARY 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a few moments to load)
Our February 2019 issue examines the need to overcome trade barriers as regional governments focus on developing logistics infrastructure. Our cover story argues that unified regulations would enable more evenly balanced regional logistics growth, and highlights just how important these changes are to the Middle East.
Daniel Howlett, regional head of commercial banking at HSBC Middle East, North Africa and Turkey, also shares his perspective on the 21st-century maritime Silk Road. China and its corporates have been snapping up opportunities in the Middle East over the past decade and it is now time for regional businesses to follow suit and pick up pace, he says.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview features the UAE's Minister of Infrastructure Development Abdullah al-Nuaimi. In a wide-ranging discussion that touches on many key policy areas, including opportunities for private investors in infrastructure and the opportunities and challenges of new technology, Al-Nuaimi highlights the importance to the UAE of an efficiently integrated intermodal transport network.
A new section of the magazine, meanwhile, looks at the shift underway in regional oil and gas spending patterns, a sector where there are $242bn-worth of projects in pre-execution.
The February 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report February 2019: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Industry report: Power contractor ranking
- Market Focus special report: Bahrain
- Road to 2020: Dubai plans a lasting legacy for Expo 2020
- Interviews: Asyad group CEO Abdulrahman al-Hatmi and Colonel Expert Ali al-Mutawa, assistant general director for Protection and Safety at Dubai Civil Defence
- Legal: A quick solution to contractor disputes
- Leadership: Unlocking the region’s manufacturing potential
- Business outlook: An overview of the contracts and deals in the Middle East and North Africa’s finance, oil and gas, construction, and power and water sectors
We hope you enjoy the February issue of MEED Business Review.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.