Rosneft joins Crescent Petroleum in Sharjah concession

06 June 2010

UAE-based private oil firm, Crescent Petroleum Co and Russia's Rosneft Oil Co have signed a farm-out agreement for the Sharjah Onshore Concession. The two firms will work together to develop the Sharjah Onshore Concession which neighbours the prolific Sajaa gas field in production since 1982. Crescent will hold 51% of the participating interest in the concession, while Rosneft will hold the remaining 49%. The current agreed investment plan of approximately $60m will be used for initial exploration activities including the drilling of two wells to an approximate depth of 14,800 feet.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications