A comprehensive data, research and analysis into the region’s largest projects market
The total value of contracts awarded in the kingdom hit $66bn in 2011, a 6 percent increase on the previous year. The steep slowdown in activity in the UAE means that Saudi Arabia is now by far the largest projects market in the region, worth almost as much as the other five GCC states combined. With more than $300bn worth of projects planned and un-awarded, the kingdom has also by far the largest future projects market.
These project opportunities are highlighted in the Saudi Arabia Projects Market 2012, the latest report to be published by MEED Insight, the research and analysis arm of MEED. Comprising more than 100 pages, the report provides a comprehensive overview of all key project sectors, and is an invaluable tool for any company wishing to do business in the kingdom.
- Download the order form opposite this page to purchase this report
There are several key factors driving project growth in the kingdom. The most obvious is record high oil prices which enable the government to increase its capital projects outlay. Demographic growth is also critical as a larger population and a booming economy result in the need to invest in utilities and transportation infrastructure. The Arab Spring too has acted as an impetus for Riyadh to accelerate spending on social infrastructure schemes.
“For most companies and professionals involved in the regional projects market the sheer size and potential of the Saudi Arabia projects market makes it the number one opportunity in the region,” says Ed James, Head of MEED Insight. “With the UAE projects market declining, and Qatar yet to really get going with its project plans, Saudi Arabia is the only GCC projects market to offer immediate opportunities for many companies.”
“What’s equally important is that the Saudi projects market is based on a fundamental need for investment rather than speculation. The combination of this need and the ability to pay to meet this need will ensure that market can only go from strength to strength, as such, MEED Insight forecasts that the Saudi Arabia projects market will grow 10 per cent to $72bn worth of contract awards in 2012 spurred by increased investments in the construction, petrochemicals and power sectors,’ adds James.
Through more than 100 pages, get exclusive and comprehensive data, research and analysis on the Saudi Projects market.
“From a sector perspective, we anticipate that construction will remain the most active sector followed upstream and downstream oil and gas and then by petrochemicals. On the construction front, we are anticipating a small rise based on a number of key public sector projects such as new security forces medical complexes in Riyadh and Jeddah, the King Fahad Specialist hospital in Dammam, and the third phase of the security compound programme,” says James.
Along with providing a detailed analysis of the Saudi projects market and the significant role it plays in the local economy, this report offers you a comprehensive overview of key project sectors and the kingdom’s additional capacity and new investment requirements. You will benefit from detailed insight into:
- Project opportunities in the region’s largest projects market
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the different dynamics driving the projects market
- Key data on sector size and historical growth
- Identification of the key current and future projects
- The top contractors and clients
- Sector forecasts
ORDER NOW and get access to exclusive data, research and analysis packed full of useful tables, graphs, charts and maps.
About MEED Insight:
Thanks to its own projects tracker, MEED Projects, MEED Insight has access to unparalleled, up-to-date information on the region’s projects market. We can provide companies with:
- Details of all major projects within a given market or sector, including their scope
- Contacts for clients, contractors and suppliers
- Information on key clients and their tendering processes
- Information on how to register with clients and prequalify for projects
- Forecasting of future projects
MEED Insight has access to a wealth of regional data ranging from broad macroeconomic statistics to sector-specific information. We can obtain and analyse data on a specific market or industry to help companies gain an insight on market size and potential
MEED Insight also offers a series of off-the-shelf reports on a range of different sectors and industries. The information compiled for these reports comes from a variety of sources, including MEED magazine, MEED.com, MEED Events and MEED Projects, as well as primary and secondary research.
Our current off-the-shelf reports include:
- The GCC Power & Desalination Report 2012
- Qatar Projects Market Organogram 2012
- The GCC Wastewater Projects Market Report 2012
- Qatar Projects Market Report 2012
- Kuwait Projects Market Report 2012
- Libyan Projects Market Report 2012
- Mena Renewable Energy Report 2012
- Middle East Projects Forecast and Review Report 2011
- Qatar Projects Report 2011-22
- Mena Rail Report 2011
- The Iraq Power Report 2011
- GCC ICT Projects Outlook & Review
- GCC Projects Forecast & Review 2010
- Power & Water in the GCC 2010
- Libya Power & Desalination
- Middle East Steel 2009
- Wastewater in the GCC
- Middle East Cement 2009
- Mena Mining 2009
- Mena Aluminium 2009
- GCC District Cooling
- GCC Economic Outlook
To find out how MEED Insight can help you gain critical business insight, please submit your details on our contact form:
- Telephone: +971 (0) 4 367 1302
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.