- Owner: Petroleum Engineering & Development Company (Pedec)
- Location: Iran, Khuzestan Province
- Status: Execution
- Classification: Oil Extraction, Oil Production
- Contract ($m): $1,760m
- Contract Type: EPC
- Main contract completion: Q2 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Iran’s Petroleum Engineering & Development Company (Pedec) plans to develop what was originally the North & South Azadegan field (these are now seperate projects). The field is located in Dasht-e-Azadegan, 80 kilometres (km) west of the southwestern city of Ahvaz in the Khouzestan Province.
The field will be developed in two phases with the development of the first phase to take approximately four years. The second phase will be dependent on approval of a subsequent development plan by National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).
The scope of work includes 3D seismic survey which will cover an area of 460 square km, drilling and associated works.