- Owner L’Office National des Chemins de Fer
- Location Morocco, Tangier-Tetouan Region, Tangier
- Status Execution
- Classification Railway, Transport Infrastructure
- Contract ($m) $2,850m
- Contract Type Build
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2015
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
The Tangier-Casablanca High Speed Rail (HSR) project is the first phase of a wider HSR masterplan drawn up for the country. Trains will be able to carry 500 passengers, with hourly departures.
Once complete, the new route is expected to reduce the travelling time between the two cities from six hours to two hours and have the capacity to carry eight million passengers a year.
The Tangier to Casablanca HSR line is part of the Tangier to Marrakesh railway line. It will be built in two phases. Phase 1 comprises the HSR line from Tangier to Kenitra and Phase 2 the line from Kenitra to Casablanca.
Scope for phase 1 includes:
- 200km of track from Tangier – Kenitra
- Civil works
- Vertical drains
- Associated facilities
- Research MEED’s archive on the Tangier to Casablanca High Speed Rail Link
- Back to the Top 100 projects list