Dutch group wins subcontract from Galfar Engineering to add gas lifts at 30 additional oil wells
Netherlands-based Tebodin has been awarded a detailed engineering contract to expand Abu Dhabis gas lift network, according to a source familiar with the scheme.
The Bu Hasa Shuaiba South artificial lift project will add an additional 30 oil wells to the network.
Tebodin was awarded the deal by Oman-based Galfar Engineering & Contracting, which is the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor on the project for operator Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (Adco).
The existing network already includes 10 gas lift oil wells and one water alternating gas well.
The scope of work includes:
- Extension to the existing gas lift network to provide the gas required for artificial lifting to an additional 30 oil producer wells
- Demolition of all oil side wellhead piping and replacement with new wellhead piping for 30 wells
- Solar power system and chemical injection skid for each of the 30 gas lift wellheads
- Providing a new parallel standby pressure set down station
- Additional water disposal pump with capacity of 8,000 cubic metres an hour (cm/h) at Bu Hasa central degassing station
The detailed engineering deal is one of several contracts won by Tebodin in late 2014 from state-owned Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) and its related companies.
Adco is 100 per cent owned by Adnoc, with the latter currently assessing bids to form a new onshore concession to replace Adco.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.