TPOC holds a 51 per cent stake in a joint venture company which is exploring the NC-189 exploration well in the basin, along with two wells in Area 147 of the Murzuq Basin. The remaining 49 per cent stake is held by India’s ONGC Videsh.

The Turkish company says it requires the drilling of wells to 1,200 feet in the concessions along with maintenance and construction services. Documents must be submitted by 3 July.

In May, India’s state-run ONGC Videsh sold its share of another joint venture with TPOC in the NC-188 field in the Ghadames Basin to Libya’s National Oil Company, citing a lack of attractive commercial prospects.

The exploration phase of the NC-188 block has since been extended until 11 June 2009.