The UAE construction industry is facing challenges like it has never faced before, as a result of the social lockdown measures introduced to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the country.
The lockdowns have disrupted supply chains, introduced legal and financial challenges and have thrown a huge level of uncertainty around future business development opportunities and projects.
The third webinar in the Mashreq Construction Club Connect Series, scheduled to take place on 21st May 2020 (11 am UAE time) will look at the challenges and outlook facing the UAE construction industry and will examine the actions that are being taken to maintain business continuity and consider other alternative solutions that can help the industry get through the crisis together.
The webinar will feature a live streamed panel discussion featuring construction industry leaders giving their assessment of challenges ahead and will cover:
- Construction industry pain points
- Operational challenges
- Worker welfare and HR
- Rising costs
- Future business development opportunities
- Dispute variation claims and finance
The focus of the webinar is on how the UAE construction industry can keep businesses moving forward through the crisis.
- Cynthia Corby, Middle East Audit Chief Operating Officer and Middle East Construction Leader, Deloitte
- Wail Farsakh, Group CEO, Arabtec Holding
- Mohammad Al Shouli, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Contracting Finance, Mashreq Bank
- Ed James, Director of Content and Analysis, MEED Projects
- Collin Foreman, Deputy Editor, MEED
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.