The UAE construction industry is going through an enormous period of transformation.
Much of this transformation is taking place as a result of short-term market conditions such as the slowdown in the Dubai real estate market or the disruption from the Covid-19 pandemic.
But long-term structural changes such as the growing need to reduce carbon emissions, rapid urbanisation and economic diversification will strongly influence the construction landscape in the years to come.
The drivers of construction in the UAE in the next decade will be substantially different from what came before and UAE construction must adapt to prepare for the new opportunities. It must develop new skills, embrace new technologies, and introduce contractual relationships that encourage healthier, more collaborative and sustainable ways to do business
The 6th webinar in the Mashreq Construction Club Connect Series will examine the trends that will shape the future of the construction industry both in the UAE and across the region.
The live-streamed webinar features a panel of experts who will be able to answer questions on the implications and impact of these trends, and the opportunities that lie ahead for construction players.
Key discussion points:
- Understanding the most significant trends shaping UAE construction
- Identifying new opportunities
- Considering the challenges and risks resulting from these transformations
- Hrvoje Cindric, Lead Associate - Middle East Urban Design, Arup
- Rasheed Mikati, Director, Arabian Construction Company (ACC)
- Kenneth Linn, Capital Project Services Leader, PwC Middle East
- Prof. John Ludden, Bicentennial Research Professor, Heriot-Watt
- Mohammad al Shouli, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Contracting Finance, Mashreq Bank
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.