Faced with a rapidly expanding and ageing population, and the prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases, healthcare has traditionally been one of the biggest areas of government spending in the GCC.
Over the past 18 months, the Covid-19 pandemic has further underscored the need for improving physical capacity as well as enhancing digital capabilities.
But the pandemic has also accelerated structural trends.
Healthcare delivery models are becoming more focused, shifting from large, multi-purpose hospitals to specialised clinics. E-clinics and telemedicine are enabling healthcare providers to facilitate patient care remotely, and significant investment is underway in building local healthcare capacity.
All the while, patient safety and service quality remain the number one priority for the healthcare industry and patients alike. There is a greater focus on preventive care, promoting better health and lifestyle.
In an exclusive live streamed broadcast delivered by the Mashreq JLL MEED knowledge partnership on 28 September, 1pm GST we look at the shifting landscape of GCC healthcare and will analyse the new norms emerging for the way health services are delivered.
The webinar will also look at the role of public policy and the private sector in supporting these developments, featuring insights from leading figures from across the regional healthcare sector.
Key discussion points:
- Understanding the GCC healthcare delivery model
- Rising number of specialised facilities
- Shifting focus on preventive care
- Enhancing local healthcare infrastructure and skills
- Investment opportunities in GCC healthcare
Our experts include:
- Dr Nahed Monsef, Director of Strategy and Governance Department, Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Dr Fatih Mehmet Gul, Chief Executive Officer, Fakeeh University Hospital, UAE
- Dr Helmut Schuehsler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, TVM Capital Healthcare
- Sandeep Sinha, Head of Healthcare MENA, JLL
- Karim Amer, Senior Vice President - Head of Healthcare & Education, Mashreq Bank
- Mehak Srivastava, Special Projects Editor, MEED
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.