- Owner: BP, RWE Dea, EGPC,
- Location: Egypt, West Nile Delta region
- Status: Execution
- Classification: Oil and Gas Extraction, production
- Contract: $1,800m
- Contract Type: EPC
- Main contract completion: Q4 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
UK oil major, BP, Germany’s RWE Dea and state-owned Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) are developing two offshore gas concessions in the West Nile Delta region of Egypt.
At the West Mediterranean Deepwater concession, BP is the operator, holding an 80 per cent share and RWE Dea 20 per cent.
The first phase will develop an estimated 5 trillion cubic feet of gas along with condensates through five offshore fields. This will be fed to a new onshore gas plant on Egypt’s Mediterranean coast.
The company expects its first gas in late 2014.