Saudi Aramco and US company ConocoPhillips are developing a 400,000 barrel a day, full-conversion refinery in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
- Owner Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (Yasref)
- Parent Project Yanbu Export Refinery
- Location Saudi Arabia, Al-Medina Province, Yanbu
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $2,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Aramco and US company ConocoPhillips signed a memorandum of understanding in May 2006 to develop a 400,000 barrel a day (b/d), full-conversion refinery in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
The planned refinery will process Arabian Heavy Crude and produce high-quality, ultra-low sulphur refined products that meet US and European specifications, increasing supply to the international markets.
This profile covers the gasoline block portion.
- Naphtha hydrotreater (83 million b/d)
- Isomerisation unit
- CCR reformer (73 million b/d)
- Benzene extraction unit
- Distillate hydrotreater (178 million b/d)
- Amine regeneration unit
- Sulphur recovery unit
- Sour water stripper
- Associated facilities
- Research MEED’s archive on the Yanbu Export Refinery project
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.