- Owner Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (Yasref)
- Parent Project Yanbu Export Refinery
- Location Saudi Arabia, Al-Medina Province, Yanbu
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $2,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Aramco and US company ConocoPhillips signed a memorandum of understanding in May 2006 to develop a 400,000 barrel a day (b/d), full-conversion refinery in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
The planned refinery will process Arabian Heavy Crude and produce high-quality, ultra-low sulphur refined products that meet US and European specifications, increasing supply to the international markets.
This profile covers the gasoline block portion.
- Naphtha hydrotreater (83 million b/d)
- Isomerisation unit
- CCR reformer (73 million b/d)
- Benzene extraction unit
- Distillate hydrotreater (178 million b/d)
- Amine regeneration unit
- Sulphur recovery unit
- Sour water stripper
- Associated facilities
- Research MEED’s archive on the Yanbu Export Refinery project