- Owner Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company
- Parent Project Yanbu Export Refinery
- Location Saudi Arabia, Al-Madinah Province, Yanbu
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $1,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q1 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
In 2006, Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabian Oil Company) and ConocoPhillips signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to evaluate a proposed 400,000 barrel a day (b/d), full-conversion refinery in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. It would process Arabian Heavy Crude and produce high-quality, ultra-low sulfur refined products that meet US and European product specifications.
The Yanbu Export refinery is one of two new facilities that will increase the kingdom’s supply of petroleum products to the international market.
This profile covers the hydrocracker portion. The project is on-schedule, according to the owners. In May 2012 the main contractor, South Korea’s Daelim, awarded the steel tanks manufacturing subcontract to Yanbu Steel Company and in November, the butt-welding carbon steel fittings contract went to SBC Bend Company.
- Research MEED’s archive on Yanbu Export Refinery