Bids to be submitted by 31 January
Yemen’s National Irrigation Program (NIP) has invited expressions of interest from consultants to advise on 10 irrigation packages.
The country has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) and the governments of Netherlands and Germany towards the cost of implementation the NIP programme.
The selected consultant will advise on the following packages:
- Feasibility study and design of spate works
- Feasibility study and design of recharge pool and check dykes
- Feasibility study and design of wadi bank training and flood protection works
- Feasibility study and design of farm roads
- Construction supervision of implementation of works (spate works, watershed management works, water harvesting works)
- Rapid assessment study for selection of potential wadis to be developed under NIP
- Irrigation management
- Institutional organisation and capacity building for irrigation sector
- Introduction of irrigation advisory services
- Strategic study to evaluate impact of investment in irrigation modernisation
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 31 January.